DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
DevTech is looking for a proactive individual to join DevTech as an intern supporting program management and business development efforts. The Business Development and Programs Intern will be responsible for working closely with associates to provide program management support across DevTech's portfolio and work with the BD team to execute responses to RFIs and RFPs. The intern will have the opportunity to support projects funded by USAID, DoS, and other USG agencies. The position is located at DevTech Systems' home office in Arlington, VA.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the process for international travel for staff and consultants (visa processing, booking tickets, reservations, etc.)
- Conduct literature reviews and other research activities
- Copy edit and format evaluation reports, presentations, and other contractual deliverables
- Provide administrative support in the mobilization of awarded M&E contracts
- Support consultant recruitment and on-boarding
- Provide backstopping support in the management of existing M&E contracts including, but not limited to, invoicing and payments; tracking deliverables, timelines and levels of effort; monitoring budgets, and closeout tasks
- Perform CV formatting for submission to the client
- Perform data entry and qualitative coding in Dedoose or similar product.
- Assist in the procurement process (drafting and executing POs, rate negotiation, research, etc.)
- Support close out activities such as resume, past performance, and boilerplate filing for M&E business development opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist with drafting and posting job advertisements for proposal positions
- Assist with conducting background research and analysis of upcoming proposals
- Assist with developing marketing and outreach material (social media or company brochures)
- Monitor U.S. government procurement listings; helps maintain DevTech Business Development and proposal trackers;
- Assist within partner meeting preparations with partners;
- Establish electronic proposal file access and tracking protocols for documentation;Support the BD lead in tracking proposal documentation
- Support proposal and technical leads in developing preliminary technical, staffing, and teaming strategies and in solidifying value propositions for the opportunity;
- Create and Draft tailor templates and compliance matrices for assigned proposal efforts based on submission requirements;
- Coordinate team meetings and take minutes;
- Support recruitment team in active sourcing, CV formatting, coordinating/conducting phone screens/interviews
- Assemble color review drafts providing formatting and basic editing support;
- Ensure CVs included in bids are presented in the correct format and tailored to the role required;
- Support close out activities such as resume, past performance, and boilerplate filing;
- Other tasks as assigned.
- 1 year of work experience preferably doing program administration or planning, or business development
- Strong interest in international development, economics, and/or education
- Strong organization, ability to keep track of multiple concurrent tasks or projects.
- Ability to communicate professionally verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency with Office tools, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight and in a team environment.
- Flexibility to changing needs and priorities
- Experience with graphic design packages is highly desirable.
- Experience with data analysis and visualization desirable (SPSS, STATA, Excel, Tableau, R, Python)
- Previous experience supporting federal contractors through internship or school experiences
- Understanding of USG contracting rules and regulations
Schedule and Compensation:
We are looking for interns who can work 16-40 hours per week. Start and end dates are flexible, but ideally the internship would last 3-6 months dependent on candidates' availability. This is a paid position with a rate of $15/hour. School credit is not available for the position. This position will be on work-from-home status until further notice.
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law