DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data Analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
DevTech is seeking a self-starting, energetic Accounting Specialist to review time and expense, enter cash-receipts, generate bills for U.S. government contract types (CPFF, T&M and Fixed Price), and support weekly accounts receivable functions. The Accounting Specialist reports to the Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the preparation and analyses of accounts receivable and unbilled receivables,
- Assists in verification of client billings accuracy and timeliness
- Assists in generating complex invoices in a government contracting environment and performs all activities in the accounts receivable function. This position must also be extremely well versed with government Contracts (T&M, CPFF, FFP, Cost Reimbursable and grants), govt. funding.
- Process deposits & enter receipts into the system
- Maintain updated hard-copy client files and file numbers
- Review travel expense reimbursements
- Perform reconciliations of the General Ledger Accounts
- Review financial reports from field offices
- Receive and verify invoices for goods and services
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry
- Enter invoices for payment in Deltek CostPoint
- Manage the periodic checks run
- Prepare signed checks for distribution or mailing
- Maintain updated vendor files and file numbers in Deltek CostPoint
- Maintains regular contact with all departments to obtain and convey information and/or to correct transactions.
Other Duties as Required
- Assists in preparation of annual indirect costs submission
- Assists in annual corporate audit by external auditors
- Maintains files, including general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable documentation, and other miscellaneous filings.
- Completes special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required
- Associate degree and 10 years’ experience or Bachelor's degree and 5-6 years experience
- 5+ years of experience with government cost accounting using Deltek CostPoint and Deltek Cognos
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word
- Strong communications skills, ability to handle multiple tasks, and set priorities
- Detail-oriented, organized & very responsible
- Understanding of contract types and basic administration preferred
- Understanding of Government contracting regulations preferred
- Second language capability preferred.
- Must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
NOTE: Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.